Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Nail polish is constantly chipping off my nails, the same day I do them! Are my nails unhealthy?

I've used a few different kinds. OPI works best, but I've been wanting to use Nina Ultra Pro nail polish, but it peels right off! Am I doing something wrong, or are my nails just unhealthy?Nail polish is constantly chipping off my nails, the same day I do them! Are my nails unhealthy?
Some people have too much natural oil in their nails for polish. Make sure your nails are dry, go over them with alcohol dabbed on cotton first. Use a really good base coat, one that has an adhesive formula ( can't think of name). If there is a Sally's Beuty Supply near you, ask. Then use 2 coat of polish, letting each one dry, then apply a good top coat, reapply top coat every day or so. Good luckNail polish is constantly chipping off my nails, the same day I do them! Are my nails unhealthy?
My nail polish always chips off when I put a clear coat on b4 I put on the base color( and when i go to the nail shop they dont put clear polish on b4 they put on the main color and it lasts for atlease 2 months on my nails). And when you get cheap nail polish,it'll come off too.So try to not put on the clear polish b4 u put on the main color and get good heard of nail polish.
Not at all, you should always use a base coat AND a top coat, and make sure your polish isnt too thick, that could cause chippage. and if you swim a lot in pools with chlorine, the chlorine will ship off your nails. if it still chips when you use a top and a base coat and if its not thick or chlorined, then try switching nail polishes, sally hansen and OPI are both very good =]
Well there is always the possibility of nails being unhealthy but probaly not. The polish your using might not be the best brand or you might need more coverage. Try doing a clear base coat first and then a good polish. Stay away from N.Y.C. and brands similar. OPI is a good brand so stick with that. Maybe go to a nail salon and ask them to show you how to get it to stay.
Doesn't sound like unhealthy nails.


Use Rimmel's Nail Rescue as a base coat to stop the varnish from drying your nails out [because then they would chip] then apply the colour. Wait for that to dry then use Nail Rescue again on top to prevent the varnish from chipping.


It works for me, and its cheap!
I don't think the problem is your nails. It might be the quality of the nail polish. a good trick to make you polish last longer is putting some nailpolish remover on you nails BEFORE you paint them. It removes the oil from you nails and makes the polish stick on better.
You should always clean the nail plate with a nail dehydrator first. Then apply a base coat before applying color.





some polishes will peel on you and stick fine on someone else. it's just the way it is.
hmm..


Well,


before you apply nailpolish youre suppose to apply a clear base coat..then you apply the color and then a top finishing clear coat to make it stay last longer.





if it still chips..your nail polish is probably sucky
Are you using a base coat first? I had the same problem until I started using a base coat. Seche Clear base coat is the best. And thier topcoat Seche Vite is the best topcoat. Hope this helps.
you could paint your nails and then add a top coat to it. like hard nails. :)





it works like bomb digg home brahhh.

No comments:

Post a Comment