Saturday, January 23, 2010

How do i get rid of a nail polish stain on my carpet?

i droped red nail polish on my carpet and i dont no how to get it out!..Please help!How do i get rid of a nail polish stain on my carpet?
Nail polish remover or rubbing alcohol.





Tip #1: Any non-acetone finger nail polish remover will take that off and not hurt the carpet. Take a paper towel soak it down a little and wipe it off. Try to keep the area contained that you rub, at first it will look like you are smearing it around, just keep changing paper towels with a new one until stain is gone. You need to change your cloth several times so you're not sliding polish over a bigger area. When done a liquid dish soap will get the smell out of the carpet.





Tip #2: I use the polish remover and blot, then GooGone works to remove the remaining stain.





Tip #3: When I spilt fuschia nail polish on my carpet I saturated it with non-acetone nail polish remover and scrubbed it with a white cloth. After the color stopped coming out on cloth (and it was still slightly pink on the carpet) I made a mixture of liguid dish soap, hot water and bleach and continued scrubbing until the nail polish came out (for white carpets only). If that doesn't work for you try using a fabric marker from a craft store and color over the stain.





Tip #4: I spilled dark purple nail polish on my light grey carpet. When I tried nail polish remover it didn't do a thing. Then a friend told me to try window cleaner and it worked great. I can't even tell it happened.How do i get rid of a nail polish stain on my carpet?
try with your own nail varnish remover, or with white spirits. Work inwards of the stain so you don´t spread the stain ,use cotton wool

No comments:

Post a Comment