Tuesday, January 19, 2010

How do I get dark nail polish off of my carpet?

My little sister opened up four bottles of fingernail polish on my carpet. My capret color is kind of manilla (sp?) and it is the light kind. So i can't use bleach or nail polish remover because bleach will stain and nailpolish remover doesn't work. Please help me. Oh and if you recommend a product please tell me where I can get it. Thanks in advance!How do I get dark nail polish off of my carpet?
Home Depot sells a product by the makers of ZEP called Carpet Cleaner (genius), but this stuff is great for removing junk on the carpet. I spilled red wine on our beige carpet and after a few sprays and some elbow grease, it came right out. No stains or anything.


Good Luck.How do I get dark nail polish off of my carpet?
You might try gun cleaner.....I'm not kidding. The active ingredient in most gun cleaning solvents is 1,1,1 Trichloroethylene. This is the same thing that dry cleaners use to dry clean clothes. I use a product called ';Gun Scrubber'; made by ';Birchwood Casey.'; It is available at most sporting goods stores in the hunting supplies section.





The way I would attack the problem is to place a clean paper towel over the stain and spray the gun cleaner onto the towel and press it against the stain.





You may want to test a spot on the rug that is hidden. The one risk that you might encounter is spreading the stain and making it larger.





And keep in mind the gun cleaner will smell and if you get it on your hands it will evaporate very quickly, leaving your skin feeling dry.
scissors. get them at walmart.
Perhaps you could try ';goof off';. If you don't have some in your house then you should. It will also remove ink from material so should work on your fingernail polish.





Goof Off has removed fingernail polish from shirts before so it works on some materials but don't know about carpet.





Goof Off comes in all sizes... I can't afford to be without it.. removes labels very easily too.





Hope this helps some


Good Luck
  • beauty consultant
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment