Tuesday, January 19, 2010

How do I prevent my nail polish from smudging when I sleep?

I usually apply transparent nail polish in the morning, through the day it would be dry to feel but the following morning my nails would looked smudged and dull. I apply thin layers. Why does this happen?How do I prevent my nail polish from smudging when I sleep?
Buy a quick dry top coat.. trust me, this stuff is awesome. My favourite is Sally Hansen Insta-Dri. It is in a red bottle and in a white box. You can also try Orly ';In A Snap';, Seche Vite, or anything else that states it is quick dry.





With Sally Hansen, my nails are dry to the touch in 30 seconds, and I can go to bed about 10 minutes after polishing.How do I prevent my nail polish from smudging when I sleep?
Maybe you aren't allowing your nails to fully dry before adding another coat. start with a base coat. wait 15-20 minutes just to be safe then apply your color coat. wait another 15-20 minutes to be safe. then if you want a second color coat go ahead and add the second coats, again wait 15-20 minutes. then apply the top clear coat. That's what I do. The process takes a while, but my nails look good, and hardly chip.
Your nail polish probably sucks, buy Revelon or Wet N Wild, that usually stays on longer(=
u gotta let it thoroughly dry between layers. if u don't that's what causes the smudge and the pillow marks in the morning lol...I've been there

No comments:

Post a Comment