Friday, January 15, 2010

How can I get nail polish out of my microfiber couch?

My five year old got a hold to some nail polish and used it on my five month old micro-fiber couch. I have tried alcohol, ammonia-and-water, and a magic eraser. Is there anything else that could possibly get this out?How can I get nail polish out of my microfiber couch?
Try using a bit of Non-Acetone Nail Polish remover mixed with Regualr rubbing alcohol, hydrogen peroixde. this worked good for me removing bright red polish from my carpetHow can I get nail polish out of my microfiber couch?
wipe slowly a cotton-ball with acetone -- use cotton buds for small amounts
There is a carpet/fabric cleaner called Spot Shot or Hot Shot. I'm sorry, I can't remember it exactly, but it's a spray in an orange can and you can get it at Target or Walmart. I used it to get bright red nail polish out of my cream carpet. This was after I had tried nail polish remover and soap and for my efforts had simply made a larger stain. Just follow the instructions on the can, and when you blot it up it should be gone. It is safe for most fabrics, but it says to spot test first.

No comments:

Post a Comment