Friday, May 14, 2010

How do you remove finger nail polish from carpet?

My neighbor spilled some and they have been tryin fingernail polish remover but it isnt working.How do you remove finger nail polish from carpet?
Try some rubbing alcohol. Pat the area don't scrub(scrubbing will make it spread) saturate the area and pat it dry.How do you remove finger nail polish from carpet?
Try the stuff named OOPS. It will take out tar, wax and a lot of other things. You can find it in the paint department at walmart.
finger nail polish remover
Cleaning Nail Polish from Carpets





To remove nail polish from carpets, nail polish remover will work but you need to USE CAUTION because it can also remove dye from your carpet or upholstery.





On light colored carpet it might not be noticeable but on darker colors. TEST FIRST! Otherwise, a little nail polish will be the least of your worries. How about having to replace a whole roomful of carpet or trying to match the carpet color to dye one patch?





For carpet, always test any kind of chemical stain remover/cleaner in an out of the way place like a corner. Under a cushion might be a good spot for upholstery.





Nonacetone polish remover is probably safer but no guarantees.*nail polish remover may be harmful to carpet or fabric*





Here is more advice from FAQ Farmers:





* DO -NOT- USE NAIL POLISH ROMOVER UNLESS U READ THE LABEL IT IS HARMFUL TO SOME DIFFERENT TYPES OF CARPETS AND FABRICS





* I don't know if this will work for ';old'; stains, but for new ones: Use a lot of water, keep the stain wet! Use about 15-20 squirts of hair spray and 3-5 splashes of rubbing alcohol. Scrub gently with a small scrub brush. Blot with paper towels. Repeat as necessary. Don't forget to keep pouring water during the process.





* I tried shaving cream, nail polish remover, hair spray, windex, rubbing acohol, and water. It sort of came out.





* One tablespoon of ammonia and 1/4 cup hydrogen peroxide.





* I have very light silver gray carpet and bright red polish. I called the carpet maker and they said NAIL POLISH REMOVER. It worked! Then I cleaned the spot with a little carpet cleaner. Good as new.





* Wow, between everything everyone said I got the nail polish out. I used nail polish remover, hydrogen peroxide, carpet cleaner, water and hair spray and it got it out!





* I had an old nail polish stain on the carpet. I tried to remove it with nail polish remover and it did not come out at all. I thought that it was hopeless to get out so I left it there. I decided to look online and see if I could find a better solution. I used water, hair spray and rubbing alcohol and it worked on an old stain!





* Do not use bleach. A bleach stain leeches the dye out of the carpet. After that all you will be able to do is replace the carpet or cover it with a rug.





* Nail Polish Remover, Water, Hairspray, Hydrogen Peroxide, Carpet Stain Cleaner, Rubbing Alchohol.





* I used Spot Remover from Stanley Steamer and a lot of rubbing and scrubbing and the spot came out.





* Brake fluid cleaner. Works in no time.





* I spilled dark purple nail polish on our brand new beige carpet. The lady at the local hardware store recommended ';Goof Off.'; It took quite a bit of the stain out. From there I used ammonia to get the rest up. The Goof Off worked great to get the polish off the tile %26amp; grout, too.





* I spilled a whole bottle of BLACK nailpolish on a WHITE rug. Use OXYCLEAN! It works.





* I used HOT WATER, NAIL VARNISH REMOVER, HAIR REMOVING CREAM, THEN SOAP POWDER IN THAT ORDER, then I scrubbed like a maniac with a dish scrubber, you know the ones with one rough side? For some reason if you dont use it in order it doesnt work!





* I just used nail polish remover and water and it came out.





* You can remove nail polish stain of a fabric, carpets, and countertops using Motsenbocker's Lift Off #3. We tried it on our quilt an it made the nail polish stain just disapear, like magic! You can purchast it at any hardware store. We purchased it at The Home Depot for about $6.00. It also removes permanent ink and marker stains.





* I know this sounds crazy but using carburetor and choke cleaner (found at any auto parts store) did the trick for us. My boyfriend the ';miracle worker'; used this after I spilled bright pink polish over beige carpet. The only bad thing was the smell was pretty strong from the cleaner and it took a few days to go away, but it was amazing how it works.





* My stain wasnt old, i spilled blue nail polish on my tan carpet, and I poured water on it, I kept it wet, then scrubed, and dabbed, tried not to push it more into the carpet, then then, i poured more water on it, and then i poured nail polish remover on it, scrubbed and dabbed it, then hair spray! put hair spay on it, and scrubbed, did that for about 15 min, and it came out.





* Water and hydrogen peroxide. My arm now hurts from scrubbing, but it's gone.





* Water, hair spray and nail varnish remover worked after about 15 minutes scrubbing. A little tip, use a stiff nail brush to scrub with, seemed to lift it a lot faster.
try with white spirits or turps, rinse straight away with sponge and cold water before you wash the carpet
Scissors! Too true...But if acetone wont do it, the only thing you can really do is (A): Find a shade of polish that matches the carpet...Or (B): Cut out the stained section of the carpet and sew in a patch. I know that sounds bad but if you do it right and you have a thick shag carpet you won't even notice unless you re on your knees.
  • eye mascara
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment