Tuesday, May 11, 2010

How do I keep my nail polish from chipping?

I use a clear polish as a base, and as the final coat, but the next day it always seems to chip. Is it just the brand? (N.Y.C) And if it helps, I have average length nails.How do I keep my nail polish from chipping?
Wash your hands with antibacterial soap before you polish to get rid of oils that can cause chipping.


Use a base coat: Not only does it keep colored polish from staining nails yellow, but it also creates a smooth surface so color goes on evenly and lasts longer. Let it dry for one minute before applying polish for best effect.


Add polish and allow it to dry for one minute, then apply second coat. Let that dry for a minute, then paint on a clear top coat.


Always paint on thin layers- a thick coat won't stick to the nail as well, causing it to chip quicker. Apply a fresh coat of clear polish every other day to protect your color.


And I recommend OPI- kind of expensive though. Professionals use it however and its a quality product.How do I keep my nail polish from chipping?
I wouldnt use a base, because that means you are putting on 3 coats of nail polish, and that is thick once it dries, causing it to chip. Try just putting on the nail polish, and then a final coat of clear. :)
get a water based nail polish, like suncoat. i have this kind and it hardly fades at all by itself, unless your nails grow and you'd have to apply more on
personally i love sally hansen nail polish, its inexpensive and they have a great selection. try their ';hard as wraps'; polish, its got great staying power and helps prevent nail breakage as well.
maybe you can buy a base coat and a top coat. nyc does tend to chip a lot though.
Try putting on more than one coats of nailpolish or paint them with a clear coat after the color.
base and top coat.

No comments:

Post a Comment