Tuesday, May 11, 2010

How do you get nail polish stains out of quilts?

I stained my white quilt with red nail polish. I tried using nail polish remover, but it didn't work at all. How do I get it out??





HELP!!!How do you get nail polish stains out of quilts?
A white quilt! You'll be lucky to even turn it pink. I would try the nail polish remover again ... get a huge wad of cotton wool underneat the stain, and wet the stain again with remover, using another piece of cotton wool. Re-wet the cotton wool often as it soaks through to the wad underneath.





If that doesn't get enough out; If you have a soft toothbrush you can chuck away afterwards, dip it into the nail polish and gently, with tiny movements, scrub the remover into the stain so that it soaks through to the cotton wool at the back.





And if that doesn't work, go and buy some red dye from a hobbyist or fabric shop, and dye your quilt red (tie-dye would hide the stain completely)How do you get nail polish stains out of quilts?
I say this in all kindness. GOOD LUCK. If the polish remover didn't work, I would have no idea what would.





If it is all white, you could use fabric paint and do a design over the paint. Or frame it with the paint and date it like a piece of art.

No comments:

Post a Comment