Tuesday, May 11, 2010

How can I get nail polish out of my sheets?

My daughter spilled nail polish on my sheets-it's already dried-can my sheets be saved?How can I get nail polish out of my sheets?
sorry, their goneHow can I get nail polish out of my sheets?
This method should work for most fabrics: After testing for colorfastness on a hidden spot, sponge over the stain with pure acetone, available at beauty-supply shops and drugstores. Then launder the sheets as you normally would. Never use acetone on fabrics that contain triacetate or acetate (check care labels), because it can dissolve the cloth. For those, use amyl acetate, available at drugstores.
Nail polish remover...just keep running it through and scraping it with your finger nails lightly. Try not to make the spot any larger.





As far as 'saving' the sheets...how big is the spot? You are sleeping on them. Not like it's all that noticeable. Worse case scenerio, you could cut the spot out and patch over it.
Uh, in fabric, like sheets.... they are pretty much unsaveable.


Keep the nail polish out of reach and let your daughter know your bedroom is OFF LIMITS to her in the future.
Doesn't nail polish remover work?
Um, nail polish remover or paint thinner... while it's still soaking, throw it in the wash with some color safe bleach.
with a pair of scissors. May look nicer if you use pinking shears.
One word, they're gone. Have a nice memorial service %26amp; go buy some more.

No comments:

Post a Comment