Friday, January 15, 2010

How can i get nail polish out of the carpet without bleaching it?

I live in a dorm room %26amp; I spilled nail polish on our cheap-o carpet. I heard that using nail polish remover will bleach the carpet. If I don't get this up, I get a huge cleaning fine... and I would rather get it out myself.





Any suggestions?How can i get nail polish out of the carpet without bleaching it?
Oh, Oh!How can i get nail polish out of the carpet without bleaching it?
Well I really don't think the nail polish remover will hurt it, if anything if would discolor only a little but it won't bleach it. I would call the local hardware store and ask them what is the best thing to remove paint stains off of carpet without discoloring it'll work the same for finger nail polish stains. They carry things that remove stains out of carpet without harming it. Or go this website http://www.webopages.com/plush/fpolish.h鈥?/a>
I am in the same boat and gound answers on another site. Many suggestions, Windex, alcohol, WD40, Oxi Clean are a few; good luck!!
You're stupid and gay!
Depending on the colour of the carpet, I say find a similar marker and just colour over it (it may take overlapping colours to work). Before you do this, I would *try* a whitening toothpaste on the stain, rub it in with a light coloured cloth. It might make it less noticeable.


Also if you're in a dorm, put a chair or something over it when you go to checkout. I know that when I left my dorm the search was very minimal and they didn't notice minor things.


Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment