Sunday, January 17, 2010

Can over using nail polish remover make your nails turn yellow?

I paint my nails a lot, and change the color a lot too. I change the color sometimes as often as every other day.





I've noticed that my finger nails now have a yellow tint to them. Could the nail polish remover that I'm using be causing this?





If not, what could it be, and how can I cure it?Can over using nail polish remover make your nails turn yellow?
its the nail polish you need to use a clear undercoat before you paint them. your nails will stop being yellow after about 3 weeks probably, if you look after them





if you're already using a clear coat and there still going yellow, get new nail polish, or a new clear undercoatCan over using nail polish remover make your nails turn yellow?
Dark polish can do that, especially if it's red, brown, or purple. It's not dangerous,but it doesn't look good. You can prevent it by applying a coat of clear polish before you apply colored nail polish.


For now, try soaking your hands in warm water with lots of lemon juice or rubbing the fingers with a cotton ball soaked in lemon juice- it should lighten the yellowness. Rubbing them with hydrogen peroxide (the kind that you get for disinfecting cuts, not the kind for coloring your hair) also helps. I believe Sally Hansen also makes a product that is supposed to help with this, but I'm not sure.
well this happened to me but it wasnt the nail polish remover---it was the nail polish. it turns out the nail polish actually stained my nails. there isnt really anyhting (that i kno of) you can do about escept let it grw out and stuff. next time you paint your nails just put a clear base coat on before the color and it shouldnt stain.





it may also be that you are lacking nutrients needed in your nails. just a thought but i think it just might be the nail polish.
I don't think its the nail remover, but the polish. I have the same problem, and I was actually looking for something at the store tonight. However what I found was 15 bucks, and not something that worthwhile to me. I found from another post on here that soaking your nails in warm water with a denture tablet will help! :)
I know that nail polish can tint your nails, so I'd try using a base coat if you don't already do so.


If that doesn't help, then try a different brand of nail polish remover...though I've never heard of it yellowing nails, it could. idk
A better and easier way for you to completely uninstall any unwanted application that standard Windows Add/Remove Program can\'t remove.%26lt;


http://reg.registry-cleaners.cn %26gt;
its most likely the nail polish not the remover. try using a clear coat on your nails before the color

No comments:

Post a Comment