Friday, January 15, 2010

How do you make nail polish last longer?

Whenever I get a manicure, the nail polish chips off within a day or two, especially when I work. I work in retail hanging clothes and I think the hangers make the polish chip off faster. I know nail polish lasts much longer on acrylics but I want to avoid getting acrylics because they damage my real nails so much when I get them removed. What can I do or use to make the polish last longer? I have a basecoat and topcoat (made by Orly) that are supposed to help the polish bond to the nail and last longer and resist chipping but it doesn't really work well. Any suggestions?How do you make nail polish last longer?
when your getting a manicure ( or just giving yourself one) ask the lady to put a horizontal swipe of polish on the very tips of your nails.. this is like a barrier from chipping---honestly its amazing. i am not nice to my nails when i get a mani, but the stipe protects it from chipping. try it... good luck :]





ps. you can put the horizontal stpripr under or over your first coat,....How do you make nail polish last longer?
Try Chimera Nail Polish check their awesome colours They last long you can check their Online store at http://www.chimeracc.com

Report Abuse



when your getting a manicure ( or just giving yourself one) ask the lady to put a horizontal swipe of polish on the very tips of your nails.. this is like a barrier from chipping---honestly its amazing. i am not nice to my nails when i get a mani, but the stipe protects it from chipping. try it.....

Report Abuse



A base coat, your nail polish, then a top coat. If you are going to do work dealing with liquid, wear a glove.
I will never wear acrylics so I've had the same problem with paint staying on my nails. The only thing that works on my nails is OPI (base, polish %26amp; top coat) and Essie. I cook (so my hands stay wet %26amp; are constantly being washed) and I've been really impressed with these two brands. Just be sure to use two coats of color and let all the coats dry properly.
it may look silly and get a little hot, but I suggest wearing a snug fitting pair of gloves. Or go to OfficeMax or HomeDepot and get those rubber fingers for mail room workers. Hopefully you won't have to be butttoning any clothing up, but you should still be able to fold and hang clothes on hangers.


Hope these tips help.
  • beauty consultant
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment